Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A project that never came to be: Episode 1


Mindworld: Shattered Dreams


I figured I'd showcase some of my work in projects that never went anywhere. And this first one was also one of the first projects I landed. I was to play the role of The Mentor in a Half Life 2 mod called Mindworld. I came onto the project in March of 2012 sounding very much like the G-Man in the original Half Life series. By June of 2012, this is what The Mentor was going to sound like:


 

Once they got the final character model down, I evolved The Mentor's voice into this by January 2013:


The Mentor

Alas, this project looked awesome to me, but life got too busy for the creators to finish the project and it was cancelled in February 2013.  And that's a project that never came to be...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really great! Your clip is awesome! It's a shame they canceled the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty creepy character! You'll have to resurrect him in another part.

    ReplyDelete